- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Startup Career Expo
The Startup Career Expo is a partnership of the George Washington University and other local universities. Hundreds of the most entrepreneurial students and some of the hottest startups from the greater DC area gather to network for internships and job opportunities. The event is free, but all startup employers and students must register to participate.
Registration is now closed. Until next spring!
Startup Expo Brings Together New Businesses, Career-Minded Students
“The wonderful thing about startups as employers is that they’re looking for talent in every category, and they’re also flexible enough to see talent in people who don’t fit into a category.” -- GW Today article + photos
GW's Startup Career Expo Successfully Attracted the Best of DC Tech to Campus
[The 2014 Startup Career Expo] "was a win-win situation where both parties benefited from meeting one another, swapping business cards and résumés to connect after the career fair came to an end. Among the startups present were YapperApp, socialtables, Contactually, GoFarGoLocal and Industry Dive." -- InTheCapital article + Photos
- American University
- Boston University Center for Digital Imaging Arts
- Georgetown University
- George Mason University
- George Washington University
- Howard University
- James Madison University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Marymount University
- Northern Virginia Community College
- University of Maryland
- University of Mary Washington
- University of Richmond
For assistance with the registration process or for more information on the expo, please contact:
Graham Bottrel, Senior Assistant Director for Employer Relations
email@example.com | 202-994-2674
Denitsa Rakitska, Administrative Coordinator, Office of Entrepreneurship
firstname.lastname@example.org | 202-994-5911
Startup Career Expo Registration
The Startup Career Expo is a one-stop shop for all startup employers looking to attract the best talent and youthful energy to fuel their growth. Hundreds of students from all majors, disciplines, undergraduate and graduate levels, including programmers, web designers, writers, business, finance, and marketing students will be in attendance.
Participation for all startups is completely FREE but by registration only. To register:
- Create/enter a GWork account for your startup.
- If creating an account for the first time, your organization registration for GWork (not the expo--that comes in another few steps) goes into a pending bin. If you already have an employer account with GW, please proceed to step 5.
- Once approved, you will receive an email with your User ID and password.
- Once you receive your account details, enter your GWork account.
- On the top menu bar, select Events.
- Under Events, select the registration button for 2015 GW Startup Career Expo.
- Follow the directions to submit your registration.
The GW Startup Career Expo will feature some of the hottest startups from the greater Washington metropolitan area. Come meet and network with these employers for amazing internship and employment opportunities.
Being a part of a startup will…
- Allow you to take on and have more responsibility;
- Present you with opportunities to learn a wide range of skills and grow faster in your career;
- Give you a chance to learn from the true innovators of today;
- Offer you a chance to work on many different projects;
- Place you in a friendly team and a dynamic work environment;
- Help you be recognized for your achievements faster;
- Instill you with the values of hard-work, ownership, and self-sustainability.
Attending the Expo is FREE to all students and alumni. Registration is required.
To register, please log in to your GWork account and search for the 2015 GW Startup Career Expo.