- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Become a Mentor
Mentors should have real-world experience with startup ventures either as entrepreneurs or as investors.
Mentors are principally selected from seasoned Washington-area entrepreneurial executives, who are registered with the GW MentorCity. Mentors are matched, as best possible, based on the mentor's expertise and the type of guidance needs most.
An annual survey taken by the New Venture Competition semi-finalist teams indicate that mentors provide the most valuable input they receive from any outside source. The survey also indicate that 88% of mentors feel their team accepted their advice.
Types of Support
The following areas represent the types of support the mentors provide:
- Review of business model
- Market or customer-level feedback
- Guidance in customer discovery
- Access to prospective customers
- Help with crafting their Business Model Canvas
- General management advice
- Organizational advice
- Technical input regarding the product or service