- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Distinguished Entrepreneurial Achievement Award
The Distinguished Entrepreneurial Achievement Award (DEAA) is an annual award of recognition given by the GW Entrepreneurs Round Table (GWERT) and the Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship to individuals who have attained notable achievements and success in the field of entrepreneurship.
Nominations are due by January 14, 2016. Submit here.
- The recipient must have attained notable achievement and success as an entrepreneur.
- The recipient must be in attendance at the designated ceremony in order to receive the award.
- A separate nomination form must be completed for each nominee.
- In addition to the completed nomination form, you may submit supporting materials to strengthen your nomination.
- Suggested supporting materials include:
- Letter(s) of recommendation (e.g., from the nominator, school dean, respected peer, faculty member, public figure or executive administrator)
- Biographical Profiles (e.g., resumes, CV, etc.)
- Media sources (e.g., instances of newspaper or journal recognition, video/television appearances, published sources, etc.)
The evaluation of nominees is a competitive process, and we are unable to guarantee a nominee will be selected for an achievement award. Therefore, please use discretion in conferring with the nominee to obtain information to use in a nomination application or as supporting material.
Please limit the total number of supporting materials submitted to 10 pages. The Award Committee will not conduct independent research on a nominee, and the Committee will only consider information when it is part of a submitted nomination.
- GW Entrepreneurs Round Table (GWERT) Alumni Leaders: David Moore (MBA, GWSB, '80), Tejbir Phool (MSEE, SEAS, ’04), and Peter Weissman (JD, GW Law School, ’96)
- Jim Chung, Associate Vice President for Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Lex McCusker, Director of Student Entrepreneurship
- Amy Cohen, Executive Director for Center of Civic Engagement and Public Service
- Up to 2 representatives from the Division of Development and Alumni Relations
- Up to 2 past Distinguished Entrepreneurial Achievement Award Recipients